Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Its in the blood...


So I came home this afternoon and found a package from Darren Jeffrey at ATS http://www.alpinets.com/ He had some materials for me to look over for the upcoming canyoneering class and part of that was a series of very well produced videos of his classes and trips (rapelling through waterfalls, rock climbing, rope rescue, swimming). We watched the videos with the kids then turned the T.V. off and told them to go play. Some time goes by and I notice it is quiet. If you have boys you know that is not a good thing! I look in the backyard and Jake has "rigged" his utility ropes I gave home to the inside beam of the play fort and layed them over the side. It looked like a real rappeling station. Then he is trying to climb up the rope hand-over-hand and trying to scale up the outside of the fort. Funny thing is I have never shown him how to tie a knot! Of coarse his assistant (Ryan) is supporting his operation by letting Jake boss him around. Another funny part is during the video there is a man rappelling through a waterfall from a moderate height and Ryan said in his own words "I get bigger and do that with you Dad".

Its in the blood sorry Momma Jen

No comments: